Tuesday, August 2, 2016

upcycling shirts into a quilt

I was commissioned by a lady from boston, my furthest client to date. Makes me feel pretty special too. Anyway she asked me if i would be interested in making a tshirt quilt for her if she sent me all the tshirts that she would like to be incorporated into the quilt and that she would like it to be atleast a full sizes quilt.  I had never done a tshirt quilt but thought sure why not i had done several other quilts just not s tshirt one.  So i accepted the order and waited a few weeks for the tshirts to arrive and then got to work, there were 35 tshirts total that i recieved to work with and only one wasnt suitable to use in the quilt. I cut and trimmed and stabilized and stitched for several days both the front and the back of the quilt were done with tshirts. I absolutely love the end results too and would love to keep the quilt for myself but alas it will be mailed out this weekend to the client


No comments:

Post a Comment